We use assertive leadership to work with businesses and residents to create a long-term positive community environment with healthy public/private relationships.
We work within all aspects of the city, operating as liason between municipal, commercial, and residential interests.
We are a resource center. If you have concern, we can give you guidance for a solution.
Who We Serve
The Main Street District extends from Pershing Rd. to 47th Street, Broadway to Gillham.
We directly serve the neighborhoods, property owners, corporations, institutions and businesses within this area, and will extend beyond the Main Street District in attempt to holistically better Midtown and Kansas City when appropriate.
Neighborhoods within our area:
- Heart of Westport
- Old Hyde Park
- Union Hill
- Westport Plaza
- MainCor partnered with Kansas City Area Traffic Authority from 2005-2006, successfully implementing the MAX, Kansas City’s first Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line.
- Major Murray Davis Memorial Park was rehabilitated and re-dedicated in 2005 through a partnership of MainCor and Kansas City Missouri Parks and Recreation Department.
- MainCor formed the Main Street Community Improvement District (CID) in 2007.
- MainCor frequently partners with Keep Kansas City Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful's Cigarette Litter Prevention Program (COPP), placing cigarette receptacles along the Corridor and identifying changing needs for services to prevent cigarette litter .
- MainCor secured $9.6 million in funds generated by the Federal Reserve Bank from the Southtown Tax Increment Financing (TIF) in 2007. $3.5 million of these funds to be used to help implement The Corridor Plan and $6.1 million for public improvements to Penn Valley Park.
- In addition, MainCor secured additional funds from PIAC G.O. Bonds, allowing the Main Street Master Streetscape Plan to be adopted by City Council in 2008 and implemented, completed in 2012.
- Penn Valley Park Conservancy created in 2009.
- Missouri Main Street Connection Best Streetscape & Public Improvement Project, The Main & 43rd St. Streetscape, 2012
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) Merit Award for Communications, Main Street District Corridor History Program, 2012
- International Downtown Association (IDA) Downtown Achievement Merit Award in Public Space, The Main & 43rd St. Streetscape, 2012
- Kansas City Business Journal Capstone Award in Infrastructure, The Main & 43rd St. Streetscape, 2012
- Kansas City, MO Resolution #120380 Recognizing the Streetscape Improvements & MainCor's Legacy of Community Building, 2012
- MO State Chapter of the American Planning Association Dwight D. Davis Award for a Citizen Planner, Diane Burnette, 2009
- The Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) nomination for best practice, The Southtown TIF used for the Main & 43rd St. Streetscape, 2007